Monday, December 28, 2015

Day Twenty-two (a six day jump): New Year

Christmas was emotional.

This morning, I was contemplating on the last five days of Christmas vacation and just could not come up with something to write about.  Scratch that.  I could, very easily.  But it would have been forced.  I was grasping for a topic that was sitting on my heart, pulling me into whatever emotion I am and have been feeling.  There's nothing.  I don't feel strong in this moment.  I feel like I want to crawl into a cocoon and sleep.
As I'm going through the above process slowly this morning, I think to myself - "Well, it's almost the new year."
I then realize -"What is this fallacy we've created?"


This.





















I're practically worshiped this concept.  Relying so heavily on it's empty promise.  
This morning, I ridiculed myself over this idea.  Because it's not the truth.
I'll wake up on January 1st, 2016 feeling the same way that I do today.  It's another day in another month in another year.  There are great things to look forward to in 2016.  But, there are also heavy things, full of sorrow.  Those moments where you can literally feel your youth and naive innocence being stolen from you?  Yeah, this is one of them.  Reality is pushing me into a world that carries far more devastation than it does hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment