Rant interruption: I've changed the rules of this blog.
I started off 2015 promising myself it would be a better year. A year full of happiness, attitude adjustments, relationship goals, love, hope and healing. While I understand our happiness and the state of our world relies about 90% on our reactions, this year has a record breaking heartache.
It. Has. Been. Hard.
The hardest year of my life.
The most devastating. The most stressful. Full of sorrow. Full of tears. Drenched with anger, bitterness and hurt.
Yet, here I stand. Feeling powerful. As if I have learned, grown, received these situations and made them a part of my soul. They are now pieces of the puzzle that is me.
That being said, I cannot dwell on negatives. I just cannot. My head is so utterly full of them. I can't add more fuel to the fire by expelling more negativity into the universe via my mediocre writing and "poor us" attitude.
This will be a blog of positives.
Because I need it to be. We need it to be.
So here goes:
After receiving, yet again, some life-altering news on Friday, we had the most relaxing weekend I can remember in too long. I read two books, good books. Steven got to put in many hours of video games.
Side note: If you like mystery/thrillers, these were good.

Our vices were utilized and our thirst for comfort, familiarity was quenched. I looked at him and felt so much love, so deeply within my soul. I've never loved another human more. My heart is so full of hope, even though it's been trodden on over and over again throughout the year. I got to sit around, escape into words and kiss this man of my dreams all weekend.

No comments:
Post a Comment