Saturday, December 12, 2015

Day Seven: Dreams

It's a simple one today.

Dreams.


I have such vivid dreams.  It literally takes me several hours to shake off the false images that attempted to grip into my soul as memories.

I had a dream last night about an old friend.  Someone whom I owe much of my life, wisdom and love to.  I haven't been able to hug this friend of mine for several years.  How is that possible?  The endless sea is our culprit.  I cannot explain the feeling of relief that washed over me as soon as I saw him.  He was walking towards me, as I was neck deep in murky water, apparently in some sort of personal turmoil.  It felt like my first gasp for air; as if I've been holding my breath much longer than humanly possible.  I can't remember much else of the dream, besides him supporting me in the crook of his shoulder as we walked out of the water together.  I woke up with this vision so fresh in my mind.  Having not been real, tears came instantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment