Thursday, January 14, 2016

Day thirty-nine: I'm sorry

For those who routinely check on this blog (yes, I see you and thank you), I apologize that I disappeared.  Things have been hard lately, to be honest.  Harder than before at least.  I don't really want to go into specifics.  There aren't really any  specifics anyway.  It's just the relentless, never-ending "-ness" of it all that is getting to me.
I downloaded this audio book the other day.  I've never been one for audio books, but I had a free download and figured I'd give it a try.
This is what I chose:





















As you can see, the book is called Furiously Happy.  I'm not very far into it, but I have to admit...whenever I turn it on, I can't stop smiling at the irony of what I'm listening to.  The author is a woman who has struggled with pretty significant mental illness in her life.  She's FUNNY, but she is also honest.  I'm thoroughly enjoying the book and intend on reading another written by her in the future.  I recommend for those who struggle with darkness.  She does a great job at forcing in some sunlight.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment