I became curious of this woman's story, of the way she presented her life and her relationships...the pain, love, hope, anger. It was all there in her words that flowed like water.
I eventually came across a post regarding her husband following the loss of their precious baby.
I found it very relate-able. Not only that, but I found strength in her words. They were giving me direction.
She admires her husband for the way he handles his grief. Quietly and gracefully. As she self proclaims anxiety-attacks and outwardly handling grief, she struggles to accept that he is grieving as well. Her perception is that through his "gathered" demeanor, he is not hurting as much as she.
Simply, her admiration for his outlook gathered my complete attention:
"But, as you have constantly reminded me this year, there is still good. If it cannot be merry, it can be good. And it is."
"You are a good man and a good husband and a good father, and it isn't fair how many times a day I fail you as a wife that you are still all of these things. You are constant. I am moved every moment that God has given me you."
Her words spoke to me in a way I did not even realize I needed to hear and made me realize a frame of mind I needed to adapt:
Let our days be gentle to us, to him.
Let our days be gentle to us, to him.
Let us, let him, feel peace and help us remember to acknowledge our blessings.
Let me continue to look at him and feel more love than I ever imagined possible.
Let him feel surrounded by said love, protected from reality.
Let him feel supported by the strength of our relationship.
"I love you more than I loved you yesterday, but not as much as I'll love you tomorrow."
No comments:
Post a Comment